We have provided you with some answers to questions that customers frequently have when considering UVC sterilization.

Q. Why choose UVC sterilization?

For UV sterilization, only UVC has a high enough energy to effectively kill microorganisms. A UVC sterilization product’s UV wavelength must fall in the range of 200-300 nm to be germicidal, this means they are capable of killing microorganisms such as bacteria, viruses, protozoa, including drug resistant bacteria.


Q. Can these UVC disinfection products be used in hospitals or seniors homes?

A. The development of antibiotic-resistant bacteria is a significant problem in the medical community. Unlike traditional disinfection methods, UVC light disinfection is a physical method for killing bacteria so the bacteria in question cannot build immunity to it. That is a great benefit for hospitals and assisted living facilities.


Q. Is UVC disinfection safe to use? 

A. The most common question about UVC light disinfection is, “Is it safe to use?” People tend to associate UV exposure with risks such as sunburn, but the key thing to understand is that UV light is safe if used properly. UVC disinfection is effective, environmentally-friendly and a chemical-free way to prevent microorganisms from replicating in any environment.


Q. Is UVC disinfection non-toxic for kids and our family ?

A. The most important benefit of UVC light disinfection is that it is non-toxic, unlike the harsh chemicals that are sometimes used in cleaning and sanitization products. UVC light disinfection is a physical process, not a chemical one so it will not leave any chemical residue behind.


Q. Is UVC disinfection safe for our groceries and food items?

A. UVC light disinfection is safe for use on food as well as food prep services and non-food items. While human beings can be harmed by excessive UV exposure, proper protection makes this a safe and non-toxic disinfection method for the restaurant, hospitality and medical industries.


Q. Will UVC light damage my electronic devices?

A. No, UVC light will kill germs but it does not harm touchscreens, cameras or your device. This light is completely safe for any gadgets you place inside – except germs. It could only potentially cause damage with prolonged exposure to plastic but it would take many continuous hours of exposure to have this effect. This process is more than enough time to completely sanitize your phone and kill all the germs, but it is never enough time to damage your gadgets.


Q. Can this process harm your eyes or skin?

A. You must avoid direct contact with UVC lights at all times. When you close the lid of the UVC disinfection products the UV lights will turn on but they automatically shut off when the process is done and the container is opened.


Q. How does the UVC sanitation process work?

A. UV light has three wavelength categories: UV-A, UV-B, and UV-C. UV-C light is a short-wavelength, ultraviolet light that breaks apart germ DNA, leaving it unable to function or reproduce. In other words, UV-C light is germicidal (UV-A and UV-B light are not). UV-C can even neutralize “superbugs” that have developed a resistance to antibiotics.


Q. Who can I contact if I have any questions or concerns?

A. Please email us at:

Close (esc)


Use this popup to embed a mailing list sign up form. Alternatively use it as a simple call to action with a link to a product or a page.

Age verification

By clicking enter you are verifying that you are 21 years or older.

Shopping Cart

Your cart is currently empty.
Shop now